[10 Mar 2022] Orx - Portable Game Engine version 1.13 has been released.
The Orx community is pleased to announce the 1.13 release. There are a substantial amount of changes in this release. Some highlights include:
- 70+ updates or new features
- Added a new SoundSystem plugin based on MiniAudio: All platforms now support loading OGG, WAV & MP3 files as well as writing WAV files
- Support for: config-driven filters for both sounds and buses, multiple sound listeners, sound panning (including commands), sound spatialization (entirely revamped: is now data-driven & independent of the channel count)
- Support for the QOI image format to all plugins/platforms
- Support for position literals with optional offset
- Compressed texture/icon/cursor support for desktop versions using Basis Universal (UASTC -> ASTC/BC7)
- Added orxMod (ProTracker MOD) based on the pocketmod library, that adds config-driven MOD support to objects
- Added orxMovie (MPEG1/MP2) init extension, based on the PL_MPEG library
- Spawners with UseSelfAsParent will now detach spawned objects upon deletion
- Native arm64 support for MacOS 11/XCode 12.x
- Support for VS2022 and retired support for VS2015
- The complete list of changes is here: https://github.com/orx/orx/blob/master/CHANGELOG .