New people!

1235»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Hi geekwithalife and welcome here! =)

You're right about the community, it's small albeit very helpful and friendly.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, valuable info is scattered across the forum, the wiki and the dev list.

Cheers!
  • jimjim
    edited February 2014
    Looks like you got already welcomed. But I welcome you again :)
    And I really liked how you described this community :D
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcome! It's like you're all one big happy family here. I like that. I think I'll be sticking around. :)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi everyone !!

After looking for a multiplatform game engine for a personal project, I have stopped my choice on Orx for its philosophy.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi saverio, welcome aboard!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Saverio!
    Welcome again (I should have replied here first! ^^) and don't hesitate if you have any questions. :)
  • edited January 2015
    Hello one and all!

Fairly new to game dev, but been coding for a few years, more than I care to think about. Hint, started in z80, when it was still bleeding edge ;-)

Expect me to be asking a few questions, but hopefully in time, I'll be able to contribute some answers too :-)

Regards and hopes

Jim
  • edited January 2015
    Welcome, Jim. 6502 here, so you're in good company!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Jim!
  • edited January 2015
    As we're talking about Z80, I still love the ZX Spectrum keyboard. It has its own "felling" I miss on the current keyboards :-/ Anyway, was beginning with development on ZX Spectrum.

edit: I meant ZX Spectrum +
  • edited January 2015
    Ahhh, the memories! :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi LameDuck and welcome here!

I wish I could complete the trio, but unfortunately I didn't start on 8080 but on 8086. ;)
  • edited April 2017
    Hello everyone, I've been lurking on here for awhile now and finally decided to join. The community here seems really cool, and I really like the work everyone's put into this project.

I'm currently working on a game using orx, and the forums have been really useful so far but I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I'm opening a new thread under help requests if anyone wants any more details.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi krypto42 and welcome here! =)

I'll go read your other thread right away and see if I can help.
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly iarwain!
  • edited April 2017
    Hi krypto42, welcome here.
  • Hey all, I'll be working on getting a basic mockup for a simple turn-based strategy game up.

• Hi LudiG, great to see you see here. Let us know if you need any help!

• Hi @LudiG and welcome here!
  • Hey LudiG, Welcome, and good luck for your project!

• Hi, I'm DrTDB, found out about Orx on Gaming on Linux, tried it for a few day for a top down shooter (Alien Breed type) and it's simple and clean. I'm a weekend coder so be kind when you'll see my dirty code and my dumb C++ question.
    Cheers

• Hey @DrTdb and welcome here!

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, either on the forum or on our chat for simpler questions.

• @DrTdb said:

Welcome here !!!

• Hi everyone, I'm new to orx and game development. I'm working on a rummy implementation. Thanks for making this awesome engine!

• Hi @LaurenceWelch, welcome here!
    Don't hesitate if you have any questions and thank you for the kind words. :)

• Hi @LaurenceWelch ! Keen to see how your game turns out.

• edited September 2020

Hi and welcome
    If not already done, don't hesitate to join the Discord server to interact with more Orx Users too.
    https://orx-project.org/discord

• Hello, those on discord Orx's channel are already knowing me.
    But for the others, i'm here to 2D with FXs haha! I'm using Norx wrapper, for Nim language.
    For the moment, everything's is fine :smile:
    I'm doing a very small shooting game, for learning the engine. Then, serious things will begin with a small game.
    See you !

• Hi, I'm new here, ORX looks very cool and I will begin my learning process soon. Thanks see you!

• Hi @Tabjones and welcome here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions either here on the forum or on our Discord server in the #support channel!