Board organisation proposal

edited July 2011 in Website
Having seen quite some other programming related sites, I’ve noticed it's very convenient to have a bit more order between finished projects, projects in development and how-to questions.

Therefore, I’d like to suggest to devide the projects board up into three subforums:
-Releases (one would post finished projects here, or at least release-worthy ones)
- Under Development (development threads and discussions for one's projects go here.)
- How-to forum (tutorials and how-to questions not regarding a specific project go here)

That way it's very easy for outsiders to find finished games, alphas/betas of new projects and updates, or tutorials and/or answers to their issues without having to spend ages trying to sort out (ir)relevant topics.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Definitely a good suggestion. I'll look into it and see if Kunena allows that easily without taking too much of my spare time. :)

I was hoping to build a wiki section maintained by the community for the how-tos and some users have definitely made some very good contributions. However the user base being still much smaller than popular engines such as Cocos2D, this section isn't very big yet.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh, I think I've got another few things. Yes, I know, I’m nitpicky. ;)
    - Remove the 'new thread' button inside threads. Lots of miss-clicks trying to reply, and fairly useless anyway. at least move it away from the reply button and/or make it visually distinct.
    - Automatic thread subscription. It's rather annoying having to uncheck the subscribe button every time you make a reply, is there a board-wide (user) option to disable this by default?
  • edited July 2011
    MNIM wrote:
    Oh, I think I've got another few things. Yes, I know, I’m nitpicky. ;)

Suggestions are always welcome! :)
    - Remove the 'new thread' button inside threads. Lots of miss-clicks trying to reply, and fairly useless anyway. at least move it away from the reply button and/or make it visually distinct.

I'm not much of a webmaster as you've probably noticed and I'm not sure how to hide that button in the kunena board. It might be easy or not, no idea. ^^
    - Automatic thread subscription. It's rather annoying having to uncheck the subscribe button every time you make a reply, is there a board-wide (user) option to disable this by default?

Mmh, couldn't find any option about that. However you can manage your subscription in your profile section and batch remove them if it's less tedious for you.
  • edited July 2011
    Huh. Guess I’m a bit too used to BBboards, which are freakishly flexible.
  • edited July 2011
    Yep. Kunena is pretty basic but it's easy to integrate with Joomla and it did the job so far.
    And as it's not very popular, there aren't many bots that can register here. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Well, that *is* a plus point. :D