I developed a simple orx scene editor. Not only You could drag the objects to the place you want, but scaling, tiling, rotating, and even setting parent is also available in this editor.
The editor is also used in my game in my company, mainly achieve the goal to edit ui with "what you see is what you get" way.
Although it is not easy to use, (in order to cross-platform, no any text inputted in this editor) I believe it could relieve the embarrass that orx (an wonderful game engine) do not have a practical scene editor.
Here is some tips to operate it:
1. the left side of the editor is the object you want to drag into, the start position of the object is on the (0,0,0).
2. then you could select the object by clicking it, and drag it everywhere.
3. the right side of the screen is the bar to show info and do some operations. In "File" you could save all object into a map(or a scene)
4. after select an object, Properties bar will show all info and
modify some basic properties like rotation color and scale.
5. there would be lots of "change to **" button on the right side after opening properties. By selecting the buttons, you could use the right button of mouse to realize some operation.
eg: click change to rotate, it could rotate the object when right moused moved.
my code in this editor is really terrible. my lack of knowledge about game and programming make the code really really dirty and hard to extend and understand, I am even shame to share the code to you. And because of this I may rewrite all of this editor in the future if I have time.
the attachment is the editor binary in linux.
(I will release windows version on Monday.)
you should put orx 1.3 lib into /usr/lib/ :laugh:
it is really important.
enjoy it and thank you. https://forum.orx-project.org/uploads/legacy/fbfiles/files/myOrxEditorBin.zip