it does not create the static link
any idea why ?
Capture3.PNG

Comments

• edited May 2018
    That's a good question. @iarwain?
  • edited May 2018
    Hi umen!

Really sorry about the delay, I didn't receive an email notification and completely missed your message. Don't hesitate to come and poke us on the chat when that happens! (http://gitter.im/orx/orx)

You can't set the target type as static library by simply adding the __orxSTATIC__ flag, you actually need to modify the project for that as well.
    You can look at the Core Debug/Profile/Release configuration if you want as those generate a static library without any embedded plugin.

The reason why the regular configuration (Debug/Profile/Release) do not generate a static library is because some of our plugins, which get embedded inside orx directly in that mode, use third party libraries that are licensed as LGPL (namely OpenAL-Soft and libsndfile), and thus can not be linked statically.

If you want to still generate a static library for orx with the embedded plugins, you'll have to switch for dynamic versions of OpenAL-Soft and libsndfile for your target platform if you want to comply with their LGPL licenses.
  • edited May 2018
    Also as a quick addendum: both iOS and Android versions of orx are compiled as static libraries directly, my remark only concerned the desktop versions.