Graphical ORX Animation Editor

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    You now are part of the orx team on bitbucket, and as such have write access there, including adding new repositories. :)

There are already a mix of git and hg repo there, so it doesn't really matter much which one you choose I guess. :)

That being said, there isn't much chance you'd screw anything with hg as they both share the same philosophy and there's almost a 1:1 match between them.

The orx svn repo is going in read only mode and will stay up for reference (I didn't import all the closed branches in the hg repo to make it lighter) but no development will happen there anymore.
    Exactly in the same way it happened with orx's previous sourceforge repo at http://sf.net/projects/arcallians, its first public home. :)
  • edited October 2012
    iarwain wrote:
    You now are part of the orx team on bitbucket, and as such have write access there, including adding new repositories
    Yaay! :)

I've added the Animation Editor repository. I couldn't upload the .jar file though; when I try to add it through the "downloads" tab, it always fails.

I'm glad that the Animation Editor is officially in, I hope it helps some people in the community.

Cheers!
  • edited October 2012
    Mmh, have you tried cloning that new repo locally, add your files there, and then commit/push everything back to bitbucket?
  • edited October 2012
    iarwain wrote:
    Mmh, have you tried cloning that new repo locally, add your files there, and then commit/push everything back to bitbucket?

Yes, that's what I've done, shouldn't I have? Is there a better way of importing from git to mercurial? Or are you referring to my point about the .jar file? I was talking about just the binary, which I think should be an individual download, right?
    That being said, there isn't much chance you'd screw anything

See, never underestimate people :)
  • edited October 2012
    Oh I see, I misunderstood, my bad!

If you wanted to keep the history, you could have cloned the git repo directly with hg (it can import hg, svn and some other popular VCSs directly).

As for the download part, haven't tried it myself, so not sure what can be done there.
  • edited October 2012
    Ah, OK, how do you suggest we distribute the binary then? After all, that's the best thing about a Java project. Should I keep the download link active at the beginning of this thread?
  • edited October 2012
    Well it worked for me so there's a version available for download but I'm not sure it's the latest one.

A wiki page about the editor would make it easier to find all the info, including the download link I guess. :P
  • edited October 2012
    Well it worked for me so there's a version available for download but I'm not sure it's the latest one.

Well then, we've the latest version in the downloads for now. In the long run, I'll get down to the wiki as soon as I can, but still, there's the question: is there a preferred place to host the file?

As a side question, I've been trying to clone the orx hg repository, but it's a large chunk, and I've two connections, one of which is a very limited broadband, and the other is an unlimited but very unstable connection. So, I really have no way of cloning the repository at one go, to get started. Do you know of a solution for this?
  • edited October 2012
    enobayram wrote:

Well then, we've the latest version in the downloads for now. In the long run, I'll get down to the wiki as soon as I can, but still, there's the question: is there a preferred place to host the file?

I usually offer some download space on orx's site with an associated sub-domain. If you're interested I'll be happy to set one up for you (comes with a FTP account, of course).
    As a side question, I've been trying to clone the orx hg repository, but it's a large chunk, and I've two connections, one of which is a very limited broadband, and the other is an unlimited but very unstable connection. So, I really have no way of cloning the repository at one go, to get started. Do you know of a solution for this?

Mmh, I'm afraid I'm not expert enough in hg for that but I'd think there'd be ways of syncing partially a repo (or syncing the whole repo in a few tries).

Worst case scenario I can put a copy of the full repo somewhere that can be accessed via FTP.
  • edited October 2012
    I usually offer some download space on orx's site with an associated sub-domain. If you're interested I'll be happy to set one up for you (comes with a FTP account, of course).

That would be nice, I think it'd be neater if the binary were also hosted here. As for the wiki, I've created an account (guess with what username :) ) but I seem to need write permissions.
    Worst case scenario I can put a copy of the full repo somewhere that can be accessed via FTP.

Thanks for offering this, but I've finally managed. In the end, I've written a script to pull the repository 10 revisions at a time :), so it completed overnight. That means I've also tried the animation event firing issue, and it works correctly now, thanks :)
  • edited October 2012
    enobayram wrote:
    That would be nice, I think it'd be neater if the binary were also hosted here. As for the wiki, I've created an account (guess with what username :) ) but I seem to need write permissions.

Any preferred name for the subdomain?

Also I granted you editor rights a couple of hours after your account was created, but you should have received a notification for that status update. Oh well, you should be able to edit the wiki nevertheless.
    Thanks for offering this, but I've finally managed. In the end, I've written a script to pull the repository 10 revisions at a time :), so it completed overnight. That means I've also tried the animation event firing issue, and it works correctly now, thanks :)

Glad you found a way and glad the events are now behaving nicely. :)
  • edited October 2012
    Any preferred name for the subdomain?

Well, I'm quite boring when it comes to choosing names :) enobayram would be most appreciated.
    Also I granted you editor rights

Yes, I can edit the wiki now, thanks. I'll write a tutorial for using the editor as soon as I can. But before that, I'm planning to make some cosmetic changes, so I'll do them first to avoid having outdated screenshots. Nevertheless, people can use it now too, the changes will not break any compatibility.