New tutorial:Using orxhub (Orx Package Repository)

edited November 2015 in Projects - Tools
Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy to announce that the Using orxhub tutorial is now published! That's probably also the official introduction of orxhub itself, the Orx package repository.

I'd greatly appreciate if you took your time to follow the tutorial and gave me feedback about how it works for you. The tutorial and the OrxPM (Orx package manager) tool tries to be very broadly applicable, so it's very hard for me to guarantee a streamlined experience for all beginning users by myself. I hope we can together polish the tool and add lots of packages to it, so that a new user can have the feeling one feels when one runs `go get` or `apt-get install` for the first time!

Aside from the repository, the packages in the repository can already be useful for the community as well! There are the following packages:
minimal: A base empty project setup as the beginning point for all packages and game projects. It's prepared to be very flexible and you can maintain a no-redundancy single project repository to compile for desktop+android. I'll add iOS (or accept contributions doing that) and hopefully emscripten to the target platforms as soon as I get to use those platforms.
animgraph: A package that introduces a DSL for defining AnimationSets more conveniently.
orxpp/list: A small package that introduces a LinkList<T> class that wraps Orx's orxLINKLIST data structure.
orxpp/configutils: A small package that brings some utility classes to work with orxConfig.

I hope this list will grow much much much longer one day. I'll write a tutorial for authoring packages for orxhub as soon as I find the time.