[12 Jun 2023] Orx - Portable Game Engine version 1.14 has been released.
The Orx community is pleased to announce the 1.14 release.
There are quite a few changes in this release.
Here are some highlights:
- Bundle, a new extension that can automatically discover and pack all your game resources, either inside separate binary packages or directly within your game’s executable.
- The Bundle extension is very efficient: it performs much better than using a lot of separate small files, cf. https://discord.com/channels/522167736823185418/717482097207672843/1103761922215661749 .
- It also supports compression, encryption, filters and is fully customizable.
- Lot of work was made on the Android plugins and its build system.
- The latter has been completely revamped and should be working out-of-the-box in all cases.
- The core clock can now be prevented from going to sleep as a trade-off between CPU usage and the eradication of potential micro-stutters that could happen under some circumstances.
- Custom commands can now be run on spawned objects, thanks to the new Spawner config property OnSpawn.
- Build type (release, debug, profile), CPU, platform and other system properties can now be queried at runtime either through the config system or with a command.
- The config include directive now supports an optional condition.
- A ton of quality of life improvements and a handful of API/event refactoring.
The complete list of changes can be found here: https://github.com/orx/orx/blob/master/CHANGELOG .