This is an old revision of the document!
Please note: For a better, more efficient method of working with sprites and cut ups, consider: darkFunction to Orx Converter. For gimp users, this tool will still remain here.
This is an add-in for The Gimp so that the user can load an image of sprites, place guides and export a partial configuration section for pasting back into an INI file. This was created to remove the manual process of copy/pasting pixel locations and sprite widths between Gimp and configuration files.
1. Open your sprite file in the Gimp.
2. Place guides onto the image to divide up the sprites. Multiple horizontal and vertical guides can be placed.
3. Select Orx Sprite Guides from the Filters menu.
4. Enter the name of your action and source graphic so that it will be nicely formatted as part of the next step. Click Ok or press enter.
5. An Orx formatted configuration section will popup. This can be selected and copy/pasted into your INI file.