Lost Echo is a gamejam entry for the GlobalGameJam 2021 created by Iarwain and Aumni.
This game won second place at the Montreal ETS site among roughly 270 other participants.
Lost Echo is developed entirely with Orx.
It’s a memory card game with a twist: designed as a local 1 vs 1 real-time strategy game where you try to find as many pairs as possible and can swap cards to confuse your opponent. Also playable solo (random swaps with highscore mode), or up to 4 players locally.
You can get more information on the game here: https://globalgamejam.org/2021/games/lost-echo-9 including downloads and source.
- Download link: https://ggj.s3.amazonaws.com/games/2021/01/118915/exec/IrROA/LostEcho-win64.zip
- Github source: https://github.com/iarwain/ggj2021
We’ve finally made the jump and transferred our chat system from Gitter to Discord.
Come chat with us on: https://orx-project.org/discord
Some highlights include:
- Project build tool “Init” now supports the creation of orx/Scroll, Dear ImGui and orxArchive based projects.
- Support changes for MinGW-w64, including new support for 64bit, addition of Visual Studio 2019 and removal of VS2013
- OSX/Retina and Windows high DPI display issues corrected
- Control over polled physical peripherals.
- Text animations
- Object LifeTimes based on fx, sound, spawn, track and child, not just time.
There is a lot in this release. Check out the full list of changes at: https://github.com/orx/orx/blob/1.11/CHANGELOG
Railroad Lantern is a fast-paced game where you dash around trains and collect oil to keep your Lantern alive. The gameplay revolves around going fast while planning your routes accordingly as each train moves at a different speed!
Can be played singleplayer or up to 4 players
Download Railroad Lantern for Windows, Mac or Linux.
Init, Orx’s project builder which creates Orx-based projects for Visual Studio, XCode, Codelite, GMake, etc now comes with new extensions!
You can now instantly create orx/Scroll projects to allow you to use object orientated patterns in C++ for Orx game development.
In addition, Dear ImGui-based projects can be created to allow the development of Orx applications with a rich GUI interface.
Of course, you can mix and match.